updated 15th October 2016
Ask your investment property advisors
- Are you a property investor (if so, how many properties and where)?
- How many people do you manage funds for?
- How many properties have you managed to date?
- How will you assess my risk profile?
- What do you base your research on and how often do you update it?
About their clients
- How often do you update and communicate with your clients?
- What kind of returns have you generated for yourself and for your clients?
- What do your clients say about your services?
- Can I verify this with some of your clients?
- Why do you recommend this investment product (property)?
- What type of properties do you recommend and where do you source them?
- What commissions do you get paid and from whom?
- What service do you provide to these companies for your commissions?
- Which company does the valuations on your properties?
- Is there a link between you and this valuer (commissions paid)?
- Who organises the finance and insurance for your properties?
- Is there a link between you and the finance or insurance companies?
- What are your qualifications?
- Are you licenced with the correct associations (ASIC)?
- What are your areas of expertise?