Private house sales seem to have become a buzz word in recent times!
But what exactly does “sell my house privately mean?”
Selling a house privately implies selling it without hiring an agent.
It is when the property owner sells his home on his own.
You may wonder, is it possible to sell a house without an agent?
Yes! selling without an agent is now possible because of the availability of property listing websites online.
These websites have offered a platform for private property for sale. The owner needs to list his home on the property portal and the potential buyers can view these properties and connect with the sellers directly.
Why has the concept of private house sales become popular?
This concept is popular for both the buyers and the sellers.
Let us dig a little deeper into the reasons for this popularity for both the entities:
For the buyer:
- Buyers opt to select properties online because of the convenience this method offers.
- Buyers don’t need to visit multiple properties. Instead, they can shortlist properties from the convenience of their homes.
- Buyers can view properties in geographically remote locations and invest in them.
- They can apply various search filters and shortlist properties of their choice easily.
- They can connect directly with sellers and avoid the real estate agent. This helps them save on the agent’s commission.
For the Seller:
- Property listing websites have opened a whole new world of opportunities for a homeowner.
- A homeowner can list his home on a property listing website to connect with buyers directly. This has empowered him to complete real estate transactions without the help of an agent.
- This implies huge savings for the seller which he would have paid the agent as a commission.
- These sites provide all the support a seller needs for selling a home.
- A seller is now able to give a personalized marketing experience to potential buyers increasing his chances of success at the sale.
- Since the seller is saving on the agent’s commission, he can invest the amount in the property to enhance its worth. This will help him get a buyer fast and better price for his home.
These are some of the reasons why private property for sale has become so popular in current times.
Although private house sales are popular, it is a highly competitive marketplace!
The homeowner needs to market his home effectively so that he can sell it successfully.
Some handy tips when you are planning to “sell my house privately:”
Study the Real Estate Trends
When you have a property to sell, it is recommended that you study the market trends in the area. This will help you decide if the time is right for selling. It will also enable you to price the property.
Price your home accurately. Don’t get driven by emotions and overprice your house. Also, don’t be a pessimist and underprice. Both these stands have negative repercussions.
For instance, if your home is too highly-priced when compared to similar houses in the neighborhood, buyers will not be interested. On the other hand, if you price it too low, buyers will be wary that there is some shortcoming in your property and will be put off.
For pricing, it accurately, look for the prices of similar properties on the internet and try to price it yourself. If you still find it difficult, you can take the help of professional evaluators.
Preparing the Home for the Market
When you plan to sell your home, ensure that it is clear of all the clutter. Remove any articles of personal nature.
Complete all the repairs and ensure all the electrical, plumbing fittings, etc. are in working condition.
There should be no cracks or faults.
You can even consider painting your home to impart it a fresh look.
Home staging is a good idea as it attracts buyers and enhances the worth of the house.
Choose the best website for selling
Choose a genuine website for listing your home.
Upload a brief description which provides all the details of the property such as the number of rooms, area of the home, etc. However, make sure that the description is not too long as it will not retain the interest of the audience.
Upload high-quality photographs and a virtual tour to give your audience a clear idea about your property.