The latest research from Canberra Cityscope shows property sales have increased significantly in the past three months. Sales recorded in the quarter ending June 2016 totalled $525.2 million, a substantial increase from the $113.4 million recorded in the three months to March 2016 and from the $87.7 million recorded in the three months to December 2015.
This data brings the 12-month total to $819.9 million, an increase from the $334.5 million recorded the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Canberra Cityscope.
Recent standout sales in Canberra include:
- Louisa Lawson Building at 25 Cowlishaw Street, Tuggeranong, a campus style A-grade office building with 26,000 sqm of commercial space over four levels with onsite car parking for over 500 vehicles, which sold for $224.5 million in a deal handled by Colliers International;
- Aviation House at 16 Furzer Street, Woden, a nine level A-grade office building with a net lettable area of 14,812 sqm and two levels of basement parking for 147 cars, which sold for $68.1 million; and
- Crowne Plaza Canberra Hotel at 1-21 Binara Street, City, a seven storey building with 295 hotel rooms and basement parking for 150 cars, which sold for approximately $48.7 million.
Properties for sale in Canberra in June 2016 include:
- Infrastructure House at 111 Alinga Street, City, a seven storey building with a three storey section to Alinga Street plus basement parking for 197 cars, by expressions of interest closing 16 June 2016 through JLL Sydney and JLL Canberra; and
- 9-11 Colbee Court, Woden, a single storey building with mezzanine and a yard to Grenville Court with a net lettable area of 820 sqm, by auction on 30 June 2016 through Ray White Commercial Canberra.
Significant leasing opportunities in Canberra in June 2016 include:
- The Boulevard at 20 Allara Street, City, an 11 storey office building with a three storey office and retail section, which has office space of up to 9,765 sqm available through Colliers International; and
- Fujitsu House at 7-9 Moore Street, City, a four storey office building with parking, which has office space of up to 3,334 sqm available through Ray White Commercial Canberra and Savills.
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic RP Data products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope.
Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter
Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic RP Data Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe
Source: CoreLogic Feed